Saturday 2 July 2011

Beginning- written 25/05/10


A hot throng of bodies almost move as one to the heavy bass, so loud and strong it makes my head hurt. I was sent here for a reason and I spot her almost immediately.  She is beautiful, as I expected. Her white blonde hair flows down her back almost reaching her waist. Her face radiates beauty; brilliant bright blue eyes, porcelain skin contrasted with deep red lip-stick. She puckers her lips slightly and takes a sip of water from the plastic bottle she’s holding. I notice her nails are painted candy pink and bitten short. She starts to push through the crowd purposefully, I realise she’s heading towards the toilets.  Her mouth moves to speak as she pushes her way through but her words disappear in the noise.  She leaves her two friends in the crowded dark space in front of the DJ. They are dancing. Eyes closed and arms raised in the air. Immersed in the music, Rhythm flowing through their bodies, they hardly notice her walk away.
    A man is leaning against a wall as she approaches. He is short and dark, shiny black hair and tan skin His eyes tell a story, a look, and a decision. Perhaps there is a girl waiting at home for him. Perhaps there isn’t. He reaches out to her as she passes; his thick hand rests on her hip, a slight squeeze I hardly notice. A glance from her is all it takes a scan, a smile. A sudden look in her eye I can’t determine.  Suddenly dizzy from lust and alcohol, she takes his hand in hers and leads him towards the toilets. I follow.
   Awkwardly she steps around the door of the cubicle. The walls are painted dark red and covered in graffiti. I notice her eyes roll, vision swayed. Her decisions are now tainted by alcohol. It exaggerates her emotions. They are bubbling to the surface. A sudden rush of love overwhelms my being. I want to protect her.The man leans forward.  Pushing her hair back he whispers something into her ear. Oh I’m not close enough to hear what was said but I imagine him telling her he loves her. That he’ll look after her and treat her right. The thought brings me warmth and a smile inside.
  His Thick black hair is slick with sweat.  He stumbles backwards sitting on the closed toilet seat. His hands grasping at his belt buckle, he undo’s his dark denim jeans. Desire for heat and pleasure, of being wanted drives them both. She straddles him. Her dress pushed up to her waist. They kiss passionately and desperately. I did not expect love to be like this. It seems so harsh and fast. This one encounter and these two beings are entwined for life.
‘Mummy!’ I call as my spirit is pulled forward. 
 It’s time to start my journey.





No comments:

Post a Comment